Weed Control in Northern Colorado
Eliminating weeds is a critical step in bolstering the beauty of your property, but it's even more difficult if your landscape is experiencing other health issues. We’ve been tending to Colorado yards for over 40 years, so you can rest assured that our tried-and-true weed control will bring you the weed-free yard you deserve.
Protect Your Lawn Year-Round
To have a weed-free yard throughout the entire year, we apply a pre-emergent weed control applied in the months of January and February. Our professional lawn technicians will spray weeds that are under 12” in height, treating a wide range of weed species. In the event that weeds pop up later in the season, we can apply post-emergent weed control.
When you partner with American Turf & Tree Care for our family-friendly weed control, you will be protected from:
- Grassy weeds—Weeds that thrive under the same conditions as your lawn’s grass, such as crabgrass, goosegrass, and yellow foxtail.
- Broadleaf weeds—Wide, flowering weeds like thistles, dandelions, wild violets, and clovers.
- Warm-season weeds—Weeds that thrive during warm summer months.
- Cool-season weeds—Weeds that are most widespread in the spring and fall.
- Annual weeds—Weeds that naturally die at the end of their yearly growing cycle, but may sprout 4-5 times before that happens.
- Perennial weeds—Weeds that return year after year until treated or removed.
Repeated Treatments to Get Rid of the Toughest Weeds
Generally, one treatment in early spring is all that’s needed to protect your turf from weeds, as we use the highest quality and most family-friendly formulas to prevent weed germination and regrowth. However, there are also certain types of weeds that are very difficult to control and usually require at least three seasons to eliminate.
Our lawn technicians stay up to date on the latest methods and are trained to treat even the toughest weeds, such as:
- Thistle—These perennial weeds are pink in color with spikes all around them.
- Bindweed—Often called “wild morning glories,” these weeds are white, flower-looking plants that spread very easily.
- Goatheads—These yellow, flower-looking weeds are sharp and easily attach to shoes, tires, and animals’ mouths.
Vegetation Management Throughout Your Entire Yard
Vegetation management treats the same types of weeds as our general weed control—though our vegetation management program focuses on your entire landscape. This service needs to be completed between January and early March as these weeds are treated using our family-friendly pre-emergent weed control products.
Our vegetation management takes special consideration for “off-turf areas” in your landscape, such as:
- Mulch areas
- Cracks in your driveway
- Tree and shrub roots
- Overgrowth in rocks and dirt
- And more!
Guaranteed Products & Customer Satisfaction
In addition to providing the best weed control in Northern Colorado, American Turf & Tree Care believes in giving our customers the ultimate in customer service. From our friendly office staff who answer the phone when you first make contact, to our highly trained lawn technicians who visit your home, your satisfaction is our priority. We guarantee that our products are the safest in the Northern Colorado area. If you’re unhappy with your services, let us know! We'll do what we can to make it right. Please note that weed control treatments are considered successful when 85-95% of weeds are eliminated, so we cannot guarantee complete elimination.
What's included in this service
Areas We Service
Our lawn care experts know exactly what it takes to care for turf, trees, and shrubs. Our team has been proudly serving our neighbors in Northern Colorado since 1982.
Not sure if we service your neighborhood? Check out the map or give us a call!