As a homeowner, it’s very likely you’ll have weeds in your lawn at some point. It becomes a problem when your grass refuses to grow or you see dead or yellow patches in your lawn. If your yard shows those signs of damage, don’t pull them out yourself—it’s time to contact the professionals for weed control! At American Turf & Tree Care, our mission is to provide our neighbors with healthy results for your landscape—with our weed control services, your lawn will be healthier, and greener this year.
Protect Your Lawn Year-Round
To have a weed-free yard throughout the entire year, we apply a pre-emergent weed control applied in the months of January and February. Our professional lawn technicians will spray weeds that are under 12” in height, treating a wide range of weed species. In the event that weeds pop up later in the season, we apply a post-emergent weed control; however, you will have better results with our pre-emergent weed control in January or February.
When you partner with American Turf & Tree Care for our family-friendly weed control, you will be protected from:
- Grassy weeds—Weeds that thrive under the same conditions as your lawn’s grass, such as crabgrass, goosegrass, and yellow foxtail.
- Broadleaf weeds—Wide, flowering weeds like thistles, dandelions, wild violets and clovers.
- Warm-season weeds—Weeds that thrive during warm summer months.
- Cool-season weeds—Weeds that are most widespread in the spring and fall.
- Annual weeds—Weeds that naturally die at the end of their yearly growing cycle, but may sprout 4-5 times before that happens.
- Perennial weeds—Weeds that return year after year until treated or removed.
Vegetation Management for Your Landscape
Vegetation management treats the same types of weeds as our general weed control—the difference is that our vegetation management program focuses on your landscape. This service needs to be completed between January and early March as these weeds are treated using our family-friendly pre-emergent weed control products.
Our vegetation management takes special consideration for “off-turf areas” in your landscape, such as:
- Mulch areas
- Cracks in your driveway
- Tree and shrub roots
- Overgrowth in rocks and dirt
- And more!
Winning the battle against weeds takes the right combination of products. At American Turf & Tree Care, usually one treatment is all that’s needed as we use the highest quality and most family-friendly formulas to prevent weed germination and regrowth. However, there are also certain types of weeds that are very difficult to control and usually require at least three seasons to eliminate them.
Our lawn technicians stay up to date on the latest methods and are trained to treat even the toughest weeds, but know that as long as 85% of these weeds are eliminated from your lawn, that is considered a success.
These hard-to-treat weeds are:
- Thistle—These perennial weeds are pink in color with spikes all around it.
- Bindweed—Often called “wild morning glories,” these weeds are white, flower-looking plants that spread very easily.
- Goatheads—These yellow, flower-looking weeds are sharp and easily attach to shoes, tires, and animals’ mouths.
Guaranteed Products & Customer Satisfaction
In addition to providing the best weed control in Northern Colorado, American Turf & Tree Care believes in giving our customers the ultimate in customer service. From our friendly office staff who answer the phone when you first make contact, to our highly trained lawn technicians who visit your home, your satisfaction is our priority. We guarantee that our products are the safest in the Northern Colorado area. If you’re unhappy with your services, let us know! We'll do what we can to make it right. Please note that weed control treatments are considered successful when 85-95% of weeds are eliminated, so we cannot guarantee complete elimination.
We provide service in the following cities: